Sometimes you just need to let yourself be sick.
- Cuddle up with a blanket, a pug, and reality TV…or college football. (Pug optional, but highly suggested.)
- Leave work early….becuase you need to, and you can, and things will be OK if you are not there.
- Cancel your non-essential weekend activities so that you can sleep in and get some rest.
- Drink 7up – because for some reason it seems to taste great when you are not feeling well.
- Not blog. Blogging is not the most important thing in the world. People will miss you, but it will be there when you are feeling better.
- Take a nap. When you are tired, your body is telling you it needs your help fighting off the bad guys.
- Do something relaxing for yourself. Take a walk. Read blogs. Knit.
- Don’t worry about what you are missing or not able to do.
I am not good at being sick. I hate not being able to do things. I hate missing work when I know I should really be there. I hate taking cold medicine.
I’m working on being sick. I’ll see you all again when I’m over it. For now, I’ll be spending some time with a bottle of water, tea, knitting, and the Kardashians.